Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Second last part of NZ trip with more sightseeing ☺

Today I will show you the falls we saw on this walk and also the Buried Village.....

Parked the car and walked across the road to have a look at the bottom of the falls and more info here if interested mclaren-falls/


I do love seeing water flowing over rocks as long as I am not in that water lol 



Looking down over the side of the bridge 



Standing on some of that mesh which I am not overly fond of and my trusty purple doc martins ☺

I reckon a creature could live in here.....maybe Gollum 


I look a little nervous lol even though on safe ground.....

A kingfisher just sitting on the wire.....they look a little like our kookaburras but with a pointier beak

We drove up to another part to park the car and have another walk to see if we could get a better look at the falls.....

Lovely moss growing on the trees and possible glow worms during the night....

The best pic I could get....
On to our next stop......



A lot of my photo's here are pretty much self explanatory 


A small portion of belonging which survived the eruption and flooding of mud....




There is always a chance but........lets hope not



The top layer of water is really hot and the further down the cooler it gets.....This is one of the many ways they bathed and also very healthy minerals for the body....

Oh look a crochet blanket....



This place was huge and cant even imagine what it would have been like to have the huge mud slide in and cover so much and kill so many....



Part of the fireplace that still exists, but most of this hut buried.....



Woody had to see just how hard the volcanic rock was......








Flour milling equipment




As you can see these trees certainly have now been cut down ......




Looking down into the hotel fireplace and cellar....


The gardens are beautifully kept and well worth the visit and walk









We were told to keep our eye out on this creek as the trout were spawning....





Ah and there is some trout ☺


They kept moving and changing position.....amazing how they can hold their position when the water is flowing past so fast.....



Yes the trout even threw themselves up here to get to the creek part above.....
More info here of the village buriedvillage.co.nz/

I was told the walk around the creek involved a bit of a climb on some steps......I did not realise this steep......eeek

Worth the views of more falls though 

This part of the path was much kinder to my knees lol 

Yep I climber down all of that....slowly, but I did it.....



Beautiful falls......

Woody enjoyed this trek very much


Woody does look happy here lol 

Woody hanging out with Granny.....see Batty!!  Woody enjoys travels....

Oh and Woody in the hands of the man......

Oh boy......they got that right lol 






Stunning view back towards the volcano in distance....

Bit of a zoom over 


A swan was quite happy in this lake

and some small ducks


Our little car parked just past the grass

And a selfie of me.....it was freezing and do not know what I was doing in a t-shirt lol 



Really love some lakes and mountainous views everywhere you go....

There is my street right here lol 

Oh and how neat this pic is.....I actually have one taken roughly 8yrs ago when my hair was black and shorter and I looked much younger.....oh the years fly by lol 

Oh dear.......what a change lol 

On our drive back we took a few scenic shots along the road

Zoomed in on some tower in the distance....

Beautiful countryside with that tower way in the distance up the top.....


The road we travelled along with a truck struggling up the hills....
Well that is almost our whole trip caught up on....easier if I had actually posted while away but.....
I will be back with the final post which is HOBBITON ☺
take care and thanks for dropping by xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment